Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day


Love, sex, romance.  You'd be hard-pressed to find a worthwhile novel without one of these aspects of human interaction.  Mr. Darcy and Heathcliff aside, some of the greatest lovers in history have charmed their way out of the pages of good books.  Here's a sampling of the leading literary men in my life.  Who are the men or women from yours?



Mart Belden (Trixie Belden series, Kathryn Campbell)

Gilbert Blythe (Anne of the Island, L.M. Montgomery)

John Little (Outlaws of Sherwood, Robin McKinley)

Luthe (The Hero and the Crown, Robin McKinley)

Numair (Wild Magic quartet, Tamora Pierce)

Brigan (Fire, Kristin Cashore)

Sirius Black (Harry Potter series, J.K. Rowling)

8 comments:

  1. I am totally onboard with Numair and Gilbert Blythe! Very hunky hot men! And did I miss your birthday? Sorry it's been hard times for me lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Della Street from the Perry Mason Series! I love her to death. I wish I had a secretary like her.

    On second thoughts, I wish I had a secretary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list (especially Brigan). It's a cliche, but I had to add Darcy. And I personally have a soft spot for Gale from the Hunger Games books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jamie and Claire Frazier from Dianna Gabeldon's Voyager series.

    They manage to stay together and still be interesting after thousands of pages!

    Richard and Kahlen Amnell from The Sword of Truth novels by Terry Goodkind.

    It is so seldom that main characters remain interesting and faithful!

    ReplyDelete

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails