Saturday, January 2, 2010
2010, here I come.
Ultimately, I rarely have success with resolutions. I end up completing exactly the opposite of that which I've set out to achieve. This year it's going to be different. This year I'm making a list of resolutions which can last the entire year, a list of things I want to accomplish that I know are within my grasp. (And....if by some strange, random chance I once again complete exactly the opposite....well, c'est la vie.)
Here are my Resolutions for 2010:
1. Gain 20 lbs.
2. Lose patience with my children at least twice a day.
3. Set aside time to write and end up whittling it away playing around on Facebook.
4. Never respond to emails, inbox messages, or phone messages.
5. Eat my weight in junk food each day.
6. Read only garbage, like books written by Ann Coulter or people with names that end in "y."
7. Blog once a month. Never mention Stephen Parrish.
8. Wait until 2011 to read the third Hunger Games novel and the third Kristin Cashore novel. Ignore Quencher, Plum Blossoms in Paris, The Tavernier Stones and Paranormalcy altogether.
9. Refuse to have dinner with Brendan Fraser when he discovers my winning Clarity of Night entry.
10. Lose any interest in finding a cure for autism, or even in finding coping mechanisms to help those children and their parents.