Thursday, December 31, 2009

How I Spent the Last Decade

This post could also be called "A Decade in Two Minutes."  I'm not the sort of person who dwells on the past much (I often can't remember further back than the day before yesterday.)  Still, I thought I'd share the events in my life that had the most impact, for good or bad.  Mostly good.


2000
relocation to Southern California
Yes, I also received my Master's degree that year, 
but living in California was definitely the highlight of the decade.



2001
trip to St. Andrews in Scotland



2002
trip to Australia
my soul found its home



2003
Home Remodel - mostly done ourselves;
might also be called "the fourth ring of hell"


2004
the birth of my son, aka "Stitch Bear"



2005
the birth of my daughter, aka "Bug"

art by andrea walford

2006
Meeting My Posse


2007
1 in 110 kids has autism.  My son is one of those kids.


2008
Blogosphere
Because of one of my Posse gals, I got hooked into the Clarity of Night contests.
The contests led to more blogging.
The more blogging led to book reviews.
All of that led to "meeting" all of you, which has enriched my life immeasurably.


2007....2008....2009....
Motherhood.  Seriously.  It's a wonder we don't just eat our young.








Keep a lookout for some "Best Of" booklists, coming this weekend to In Search of Giants.  In the meantime, I wish you a bright New Year.  Bonne Annee!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for featuring us!! I love your site and am really really glad you are back at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely way to remember the decade! Thx! It was a joy to share time in St. Andrews with friends...! (And Scotland is where my soul found its home.) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It'll all pay off in exponential returns with Stitch and Bug. Hang in there. :)

    Wishing you another super decade.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been to Scotland! I've come within a few miles of the border but never made it across. The decade when your kids are born are by far the worst and best of your life. It's when every fibre of your identity is tested and you start to figure out the stuff that's really important. The next decade is all about rediscovering your self. Of course just as I was entering that one I found I had miraculously conceived my small son. (Seriously NO idea how we got him!!!)

    It's a big ride down the rapids and sometimes you've got to just go with the raging torrent and hang on because if you keep trying to swim against it you'll be too exhausted when the calm waters come to enjoy them.

    Here's to a fabulous new decade where all the waterfalls are firmly behind you XXXXXXXXXXX Happy New Year Aerin XXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails