I've been continuing to think about undiscovered gyrl. My comparison of Burnett to Salinger was less than specific. I meant to say that I think that Burnett's undiscovered gyrl will elicit responses similar to those of Salinger's Catcher in the Rye.
Still, I'm amazed at how many of the reviewers of undiscovered gyrl still think the story is actually about Katie. Imagine my surprise, as I researched for the Shadowed Summer review, that Saundra Mitchell was key in cracking open the Kaycee Nicole hoax. How much more do we adore Mitchell - and question Burnett - now?
Linkspam For Writers
- Chris plays with the concept of "just this once."
- Patrick offers an example query. About pumpkins.
- Also: Queries for Dummies from my girly Sex Scenes at Starbucks.
- I Heart Monster lists the words being added to the dictionary. Frenemy? Really?
- This is why beth is a real writer and I'm a wannabe-author-blogger.
CHILDREN'S BOOK CONTEST
Linkspam For Readers
- stargirlreads has a new blog: Not Your Typical Book Girl. Guest Appearance by Buzz Lightyear.
- Win these books:
Book Reviews by Jess
FANTASTIC BOOK REVIEW
Steph at Reviewer X
I'm having issues with my blog redesign. I decided to hire someone to help, but the only people I'm finding are uber-experienced professionals who charge an arm & a leg. If CSS and XML don't scare you, and you have a little design background, would you email me? Or make a referral? aerinblogs AT aol DOT com Thanks!!