1. My birthday was yesterday, June 12.
2. I turned 33 years old.
3. I'm slightly bitter I couldn't be at Club 33 for my 33rd birthday. But only slightly.
e="font-size: small;">4. The flower for my birthday month is a rose.
6. I was born at 5:25 PM, CST.
7. - 12. I received as presents:
- a photo book of my kidlings
- tickets to Celtic Woman (look at the very bottom)
- a full pound of Kilwin's salted dark chocolate covered caramels
- a Starbucks GC
- a clothing GC
- and my mommy is getting me an iPhone on Monday
13. Birthdays, to me, are akin to Valentine's Day - I don't like them because they feel so high-pressure.
14. Getting older no longer bothers me. I'm aging well (ish).
15. When I was looking for an image for "hate birthdays," I found the site wrongcards.com, with this image that I'm tempted to send to...well, you know who you are.
16. I always say I don't believe in astrology, but the traits associated with being a Gemini do describe me, many days.
17. According to the Chinese Zodiac (or our American appropriation of it), I was born in the Year of the Fire Dragon.
18. Speaking of numbers, I am 2 1/2 years older than my sister, 9 and 11 years older, respectively than my little brothers; 7 years younger than Mr. Aerin, and 21 years younger than my mother.
19. I've always found it a little depressing that I share my birthday with Anne Frank and former president George Bush, Sr. But I think it's very cool I share my birthday with Meredith Brooks (!), Ally Sheedy and Frances O'Connor.
20. I'm not at my healthiest, this birthday. I've been neglecting my workouts, and it shows, both in my physical self and my mental well-being. Next year, my plan is to look like this:
21.-23. I am grateful for:
- my blogosphere buddies
(and especially the one who overlaps with my Posse)
- my right-size house
- my sweet, snuggly kittens
24. I now have a Facebook user name!
26. I set a goal of 5000 words in a roughly 18-hour period.
27. I asked McKoala to punish me if I didn't succeed.
29. I wrote 4247 of the 5000 words in the time allotted.
30. Janey's first punishment was to write the word "watermelon" 743 times. I used this task to study the rhythm of words, paragraphs, etc. Can anyone tell what passage I used to format the watermelons? I'll send you a copy of it if you can.
31. Her second "punishment" is that I get the 743 words written by Monday.
32. I will report on my McK and Pete punishment tasks as they are assigned & completed.
33. My new goal is to join Pete in having a query-ready MS by the end of the year.