Sunday, June 28, 2009

AMUSING MONDAYS: In Advance

Well, in case you missed the news last week, I was punished by McKoala (long story) and forced to write 5000 words by Sunday evening.  As you'll see from the post date, tonight is Sunday evening.

Here are my wordcounts for the past week:


MONDAY - ZERO


TUESDAY - ZERO


WEDNESDAY - ZERO


THURSDAY - ZERO


FRIDAY  - ZERO


SATURDAY  - 1449


Leaving one day in which to write 3551 words.  As you can see, I wrote nothing over a five day period.  Could I possibly write 3551 words in one day?  Actually, one afternoon, since Sunday is a work day for me?  Is Rosey up against the McKoala Claws of Doom?  Did I misjudge and fatally procrastinate?


NO!   I ACTUALLY MADE THE 3551 (okay, 3713) words this afternoon!  And none of them were "watermelon"!

5000 WORDS IN A WEEK!


Now, were they good words? Not necessarily. But I've never written a book in my life, and I figured the birthing process this first time would be slow and painful. I write sermons pretty quickly, now, ten years after seminary, so I think it will get easier. In the meantime, I have a story unfolding that I didn't quite expect, and I'm pleased with that, at least.

I hope the process has amused you, especially Mr. Betty Nagel who pointed out I was spending an awful lot of time commenting on blogs. That was the first time I realized maybe I should get myself in gear.  Thanks, B.

I am fawningly indebted to McKoala for being mean. I truly felt the pressure to live up to her expectations (and avoid JJdeGoblin's toenail peelers) and think this whole group-accountability thing is an excellent idea.

Stay tuned this week - I have fifteen (yep, 15) reviews to write by the end of the month.

10 comments:

  1. Yay, Aerin! Congratulations!

    *hides toe-nail peelers*

    *waves pom-poms*

    ReplyDelete
  2. *retracts claws* My work here is done.

    (Back on Koala Approves! Excellent work!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! My mouth dropped open looking at your stats until to this afternoon's count. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go, Queenie!! I had a feeling you could pull it out. As I've said elsewhere, sometimes you have to throw it all up on the page and scrape the worst away later. (Have fun w/ that image.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truly the Koala is the cruellest (and furriest) of saints...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow. That is incredible. Congratulations Aerin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know the feeling. Getting a lot of words done by the end of the week: Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. way to go, aerin!

    how're folk doing on the challenge you set up in january, or am i the only one still plugging away?

    ReplyDelete

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails