Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Tidbits

from Shelf Awareness
"What I learned from [James Patterson] is that you can't be self-indulgent. Even the most literary book has to be a page turner. You're not accomplishing anything by writing something that's hard to read."--Peter de Jonge, who co-wrote several books with Patterson and whose first solo novel, Shadows Still Remain (Harper, $25.99, 9780061373541/0061373540), was just published, in the New York Times

things to do with Google Reader
There are a few blogs (B. Betty Al *cough* Whirl *cough*) whose comment feeds I keep on my Google Reader.   Maybe y'all do this already, but I find it's really helpful when one of your online crushes has a habit of stalking certain comment trails.

A blogspot blog feed looks like this:
suchandsuch.blogspot.com/feeds/comments/default - the part in red is ALWAYS the same.

(Let me know if you need help with livejournal or wordpress comment feeds)

to my dearest darling Precie
Look what I'm reading going to read!


fun with authors
Jason's almost well-done.
Cindy's both gorgeous and yummy.

people you really should add to your Google Reader - and I mean really
Loren
Aniket (whom I'm considering for my next online crush.  he is just gorgeous!)
The Fill In the Gaps 100 Project

And finally, don't forget we're holding interviews the entire month of May!  I've gotten additional interview agreements with Authors With Heart Louise Hawes and John Marco!

6 comments:

  1. :) :) :) :) :) :)
    --Precie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Garsh ... gee ...

    Love that Peter de Jonge quote at the top, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The compendious Oxford English Dictionary lists about 500000 words and you HAD to pick up "Gorgeous" to describe me??? Grrr...

    Well since you are considering me for an online crush... you are off the hook on this one!

    Me blushing red with a shade of wine!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. !!
    You like me, you really like me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your quote about a book needing to be a page turner. That is so true and super important to keep in mind.

    ReplyDelete

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails