Thursday, May 21, 2009

TECHNORATI

This post is 100% word-for-word taken from Lenore, but I don't think she'll mind. (Lenore, if you do, I will send you a batch of chocolate chip cookies - do you think they'll mail overseas?)

This week I happened upon a post that talked about what publishers look for when sending out review copies to book bloggers. You can read the entire post at The Book Publicity Blog, but what stood out most to me is that publicity people look at your technorati authority rating. This shows how many technorati registered blogs linked to your content over the past 6 months and shows how relatively popular your blog is. Trouble is, if mostly unregistered blogs link to you, your rating will be low despite how popular you might really be. I have a feeling a lot of you out there with YA blogs are not registered, so why not support the YA blogging community not just by linking to other blogs but also by making your links count? Register your blog at http://www.technorati.com/. It's been awhile since I did it, but it must have been fairly simply since I managed to register successfully.

P.S. It is free!

4 comments:

  1. Ha ha! Chocolate chip cookies sound good about now. No really, thanks for helping get the word out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with both of you. I always wonder why bloggers who know these things never do it for their fellow bloggers. Like even if you are someone who has ads, the only way to make money is if someone clicks on it. It takes a few seconds and then hit the back arrow and you help that person. I try and do it as much as possible when I see people have ads because that's how it ads up....and guess what I have in 5 months only about 6 clicks! How can that be? I don't do it for money, but it doesn't hurt to offset some mailing costs, etc. Perhaps people don't know these things. I think as a blogging community, all, not just YA but include everyone that if you have the time to to it,help people out. The Technorati is especially important!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, the pun of "how it ads up" really is a spelling error but now that I see it, I like it! Aerin, how do you get your comments numbered? I have tried the way they say to do it and it doesn't work. Do you have a different way than the simple way all helpers have given me? Just wondered. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm on Technorati ~ & even if I'm not actually "there" very often, I do try to find the blogs I follow, and fav them there... All the little things count, ykwim?

    ReplyDelete

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails