Saturday, May 2, 2009

the suspense is killing me

The next blog tour for which I've signed on is not until June; it's also the first time I've done a tour for a book that's in my favorite genre.  It's entitled Starfinder by John Marco.



I received the book in the mail about three weeks ago.

A few days later, I got an email from John saying I had a great blog header (which, well, I do) and to let him know if I needed anything.  Let me tell you, I took it as a suggestion that his book wasn't very good.  (I don't know, maybe I thought he was trying too hard.)

Last weekend, trying to get a head start on my ARC reviews, I opened Starfinder.  I found that John had personalized and signed the book for me.

He quickly lept high in the ranks of Authors With Heart, but I was even more convinced he couldn't write. (I'm a Snarky Bitch that way.)

The first line was not the best I've ever read, but, as I said, John seems like a really stellar guy, so I kept reading.

By page three I was hooked.

By page thirty I was salivating.

By the end of the book, I'd lost two hours and I was gliding in a lyrical miasma that was the literary version of a Hayao Miyazaki movie.

Wow.

I won't say any more than that, since my review is not supposed to go up until June 10 (two days before my birthday!).  But Starfinder releases this Tuesday, on May 5, and if you have any interest whatsoever in sci-fi or fantasy (or YA, though I'm not sure Starfinder is technically YA), you should get this book.

7 comments:

  1. WOW! With a review like that, SIGN ME UP! I am so going to get a copy of this book!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I have this coming up too for the blog tour. I went to Borders today, and it's on the shelves already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to be reading this for the tour too. I'm glad to see that you like it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen this around for a while now online and just always skipped over it. It didn't really grab my attention, but your reaction to the book did! I'll definitely need to look a bit closer to this one. And I'm really looking forward to the review in June!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Argh! You're killing me here. As if I wasn't already really wanting to read this book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OKAY, OKAY, I'll read it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. On cover art alone, I'm hooked: Pern + Hindenburg, c'mon!

    ReplyDelete

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails