Monday, May 4, 2009

7SS: Katie Spero

Katie Spero is a lawyer in San Diego, as well as a friend from high school (yep.  Class of 1993.)  Katie was one of those cool girls who (it seemed to me) didn't care what other people thought, was smart and creative, and accepted everyone.  I truly didn't realize back then what a wicked (and wonderful) sense of humor she has.

 


Step #1
LIGHTNING ROUND

  • Favorite city: Paris
  • Celebrity crush: Edward Norton
  • drink of choice: Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
  • car you drive: Saturn
  • “I’d like to thank:” The Academy... oh, and of course my mom

Step #2
DESCRIBE a favorite scene or event from your childhood memory.

When I was a very little girl I used to eat breakfast with my uncle Conrad. He would read me the cartoons in the paper with voices and let me eat all his bacon. He's the best.

Step #3
TEACH US one or two of your favorite 4-star vocabulary words.

(Aerin's note: I think Katie read this as though I were asking for 4-letter words, but I absolutely refuse to censor.)

I personally like cocksucker as a swear word, as it invokes so much imagery. And it is both insulting and fact based - one can be a cocksucker on so many different levels.

I also like craptastic, which is more a PG-13 swear word. But I like mashed up words. Craptastic can be used both for things that just kind of suck - for example, I have a flat tire, craptastic - and for things that suck so bad they go right back around to being good again - for example, OMG Roadhouse is on, that movie is craptastic.

Step #4
BOOK BLANKS

  • The last book I finished reading was Survivor by Chuck Palahniuk.
  • I gave it 5 stars.
  • One word to describe it is irreverence.
Step #5
QUESTION: What’s a social justice issue you’re passionate about?


Immigration reform. Sorry, I'm a lawyer.

Step #6
QUESTION: What’s something you like about Facebook?


I like how easy it is to find all those wacky people I went to high school with.

Step #7
GIVE US THE SCOOP. Tell us something about yourself that’s exclusive to "In Search of Giants" (ie, has never been publicized in print or podcast interviews.)


For my birthday I received "This Book Will Change Your Life" and as I am laid off and in need of a change I am following its "teachings." Today I am staring at you like you are the love of my life. ** Wink wink **

 
Katie's facebook status this morning is: Katie "is making new and arbitrary rules for living, based on when and to what she wakes up to. Life is too predictable. I could use some random."  
Anyone want to share a new and arbitrary rule?

2 comments:

  1. Best line I've seen this week : What is your passion? Immigration reform!

    HAHAHAHHAHAHAH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I know the people in that pic! And I even recognize the empty Absinthe glass, I think.

    Anyone that lets you eat their bacon is clearly worthy of being remembered as a favorite childhood memory. Good call.

    ReplyDelete

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails