Monday, April 20, 2009

Amusing Mondays: Random Funny Things My Kids Say

We had a snow storm come in over the weekend and I had to make a grocery run before it came. Normally I try to wait until Mr. Aerin is home so I don't have to drag kidlings along. But Thursday, I couldn't wait.

I was pulling shoes & socks on the Bear, and the Bug approached.

"I want to stay home by myself," my three-year-old Bug announced.

"Sorry, you can't," I said.

"Please? I want to stay home by myself." (all of the 't's get specially enunciated)

"Honey, you can't stay by yourself. It's the law."

She looked at me skeptically. She is used to demanding her own way.

"If you stay here by yourself," I sighed, "the police will come and take me away and put me in jail." (Yes, I said this to a three-year-old.)

The Bug looked thoughtful.

"Okay," she said, patting my hand. "I stay here by myself and you go to the dungeon."

22 comments:

  1. He he he. Very funny. We're at the stage right now where if I tell the daughter she can't go with me we go into full-on tantrum mode.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't want you to go to the dungeon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bwahaha! My, aren't kids just lacking in the empathy department at that age? Thank goodness they are otherwise quite adorable (most of the time)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a classic!

    My nearly 5 year old doesn't understand reproduction correctly. She's always telling DH and I to "Get married again so you can have another baby. Please?"

    She's a riot! Gotta love them at this age.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'sticks and stones may break my bones, but whips and chains excite me!' ;) lol

    enjoy the dungeon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ROFL!!!

    Aren't kids intelligent these days? (Stewie being my fav. character from the Family Guy)

    I saw similar posts over at Ello's blog. :-D
    Seems like its a community. :P

    Share some more.. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. The 3 year old I nanny for LOVES to pat my chest and say "I like your boobies" Always when I pick her up to keep her from running off whil i am talking to a stranger, or a delivery man. It is MORTIFYING!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awe! Kids say the darndest things!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ROFL!! So funny! Where do kids come up with some of these things? :-) Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hilarious! Thanks for helping brighten the Monday maiasma.

    ReplyDelete
  11. IT'S SO BAD I CAN'T SPELL ANYMORE!

    ReplyDelete
  12. three going on sixteen
    precocious

    ReplyDelete
  13. HA HA HA!!! Ok off to the dungeon Aerin!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is hilarious! Is it bad that the dungeon sounds like a bit of a break, though?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree with Julie. A few days ago my 2-year-old was especially hyper and wore me OUT. A dungeon would have been a welcome escape, I assure you! Hehe! But, you gotta love 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lol Very cute =) Don't let her get her way though, we can't have you locked up in the dungeon *gasp*

    ReplyDelete
  17. OUCH! Isn't it good to be loved?? =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOL! Awwww, that's funny, though!

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG, that's funny. The dungeon? Poor mama!

    ReplyDelete

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails