Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Under the Influence

Sarah writes: "It’s an interesting Meme – 25 writers who have influenced my writing. Not sure about coming up with 25, but it did start some thoughts swirling. . . .Tag yourself if you're so inclined."

So, I'm limiting myself to writers who have influenced my writing, exactly as the meme says.  My writing, of course, is both fiction and non, so there is a variety.

1. Robin McKinley
2. Louisa May Alcott
3. Richard Lischer
4. Madeline L'Engle
5. Margaret Atwood
 
6. Charlotte Brontë
7. Tamora Pierce
8. Jasper Fforde
9. Suzette Haden Elgin
10. bell hooks

11. Dr. Seuss
12. Elizabeth Moltmann-Wendel
13. Wendy & Richard Pini
14. William Shakespeare (presumably)
15. M.M. Kaye

16. Julie Campbell
17. Karen Russell
18. Adrienne Rich
19. Precie S.
20. Tess Thompson

21. Mercer Mayer
22. Harold Kushner
23. Julia Cameron
24. Anthony Minghella/Jim Henson
25. Catherine Marshall

5 comments:

  1. I love Suzette Hadin Elgin. Completely forgot about her. It's like LW said in my comments - there are so many, it's hard to remember them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE Jasper Fforde. LOVE him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lessee ... Gibson, Gaiman, Bradbury, Adams, Tolkien and O'Connor, to name a few.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Aerin! I sent an award your way...
    http://dreyslibrary.blogspot.com/2009/03/proximidade-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. thx sarah...

    i'm sure there are hundreds, if not thousands, of authors who influenced me since about age six

    picking 25 only, fughedaboudit ;)

    ReplyDelete

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails