Monday, February 23, 2009

The Red Tent by Anita Diamant

 The Red Tent 


The Red Tent
by Anita Diamant

September 15th 1998 (first published 1997) by Picador
Paperback, 336 pages
0312195516 (isbn13: 9780312195519)

rating: 4 of 5 stars

I've decided not to write a review of The Red Tent because Dinah was (by choice) the topic of nearly every paper I wrote in seminary.  My take on this book is therefore way too multi-layered and complex for me to do a brief blog review.  But - for everyone who's said to me "You haven't read The Red Tent????" - now I have.

3 comments:

  1. But should I read The Red Tent? That's what I need to know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this book and was just talking about it the other night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this book, too. And it was more about the language even than her take on the story of Dinah... which, how the hell did you do all your papers on her? She has like two sentences in the entire Bible, doesn't she?

    Digression, I loved this book because every single line dripped like poetry, but kept you riveted to the story throughout. That's difficult to do, usually beautiful literature hits at least some passages that are overly wrought and lack action, this one was just really breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails