Sunday, February 8, 2009

Katie the Kitten Fairy by Daisy Meadows

Katie the Kitten Fairy (Rainbow Magic) Katie the Kitten Fairy 
by Daisy Meadows

April 6th 2006 by Orchard Books
Paperback, 80 pages
1846161665   (isbn13: 9781846161667)


rating: 2 of 5 stars

This is the first book I read to my three-year-old daughter.  She chose it at the bookstore, and I told her we'd read it a little bit each night.  I'm still not sure she understands that the story isn't over when we close the chapter, but she is fascinated in helping me recall the previous chapters' events each night before we move on to the next part.

There are enough pictures to keep her interest, and the plot is predictably simple.  Still, to be able to read a "chapter book" to my not-yet-in-preschool daughter is an unexpected and heartwarming development in my journey as a parent.  I'm thankful to Daisy Meadows for that opportunity so early.
 

3 comments:

  1. I'm reading 'Thea the Thursday Fairy' to my 5-year old at the moment.

    I loathe it. She loves it!

    Roll on independent reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe me, my McKinley favorite changes once in a while too, although The Hero and the Crown has been going strong for a while now (Spindle's End might be my favorite). I have Deerskin on my TBR list; I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww! I miss those days! Enjoy them while they last.....
    :-)

    ReplyDelete

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails