Saturday, January 10, 2009

Weekly Geeks - my First!

In the spirit of the amazing community building that Dewey was so good at, tell us about your favorite blogs, the ones you have bookmarked or subscribe to in your Google Reader, that you visit on a regular basis. Tell us what it is about these blogs that you love, that inspire or educate you or make you laugh. Be sure to link to them so we can find them too.


Well, this is my very first Weekly Geeks. Yay, me! We'll see if I can keep it up.

As for today's topic, I felt bad just choosing a few of my favorite blogs. I use Google Reader and subscribe to a bajillion of 'em. And because I use Google Reader, I can judge pretty quickly whether I'm interested in specific posts. (Since, let's face it, even the ever-brilliant Ello sometimes puts up posts that aren't my cup of tea.)

I exported my GR list, which is below, but in no particular order. I do want to give a shout out to One Blue Marble, which I haven't technically put on the reader yet.

For the purposes of honoring Dewey, I've put in bold what I think are the best book blogs. Enjoy!

fairyhedgehog

paws and reflect...

Presenting Lenore

Sarah Specht

The Surly Writer

Write for a Reader

Zoe's Book Reviews

1330V

A Novel Challenge

At Home With Books

AuthorsNow!

Bookroomreviews's Weblog

caribousmom

Charlotte's Library

Jen Robinson's Book Page

Sharon Loves Books and Cats.

Animation Backgrounds

a little sweet, a little sour

ABenchPress

BookEnds, LLC — A Literary Agency

Carrie's Procrastinatory Outlet

Conduit - Adventures in Novel Writing

Corner Kick

Editorial Ass

Mom and More

Paperback Writer

Pub Rants

Scott Sherman Online

Stephen Parrish

The Clarity of Night

Underneath the Bridge

What Am I Doing In Mexico?

Writer Beware Blogs!

Astonishing Productions

BlogU

Lolcats 'n' Funny Pictures - I Can Has Cheezburger?

I'm Here. I'm Queer. What the Hell do I read?

Op-Edna

Center for Global Development

Born to Fly

Joan Chittister Column

liberal church nerd

Some kind of Gospel

Absolute Vanilla... (& Atyllah)

AbyssWinksBack

Arch Words

Hello Ello 2

Life at the Riverbank

McKoala Days

One Word, One Rung, One Day

Post Mediocre

Recess for Writers

Short Stuff

spy scribbler

Whittering On...

16 comments:

  1. OOO! Lots here! I love your header. I'll need to come back and stay a little longer later. HappY Geeking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a great list! I'll be back to spend some time as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't they look like an intimidating number when you list them all out like that? That's why I limited myself to 5 in my WG post! Welcome to Weekly Geeks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the linky love, Aerin, you're on my list, too.

    I think I follow about half of the ones you listed... I'd add:

    Stephen Parrish,

    Erica Orloff (I visit her almost daily)

    Moonrat (was she on there and I missed it?)

    and Shelly Bryant (I haven't been over there in a bit but she has great literary discussions, and also occasional religious themed... she teaches 3rd and 4th year literature in Singapore... actually, you might really like her stuff, I'll have to stop back with a link for you... It's on my blogroll.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi - I'm a newbie as well and did my first post today. Love your header by the way. I'll have to come back to check out your links. Many I haven't yet so will be getting lost in blog land. Thanks.

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man! Are you trying to keep me up all night? Love your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whatcha mean not your cup of tea?!!!

    You'd better tell me so I can cut it out! Can't have that continue, you know!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My Google Reader is going to revolt if I keep clicking on all these links!

    Welcome to Weekly Geeks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just letting you know I've dropped in from Weekly Geeks and browsed your interesting blog Aerin. Lots to explore in your list of fellow bloggers

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your header too! In fact, you have one of the prettiest blog layouts I've ever seen. I'm not familiar with many of your favourites, but I'll be checking them out. Not that I don't read 6354 blogs already, but there's always room for more :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. aerin, i'm so tickled to be on your list... thank you! :D

    some i know, others i'll check, asap

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't make the piggy mad!

    Lookie! I squoze (I made that one up ;0)) in at the end. You seem to always show up on my blog updates ages after you've posted. I gave up with Google reader. I'd look at it and it would say 267 unread posts and I'd lose a day. I don't visit all those on your list but most of the ones I do are here.

    We have very good taste in blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your first weekly geeks, Aerin. And thanks for including me. I've been working on pruning my google reader list, so that it doesn't take over my life. But I keep finding new blogs to add. Sigh! I'm currently at 282 blogs, which is ridiculous. But I always read yours.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm honored to be on such a fine list.

    And thank you for all you have done t help me and my family through this tough time. My blogging friends have truly been a blessing. Thank you for being one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have a lot of good ones here!! Welcome to Weekly Geeks =) You are now on my reader! I love the look of your blog, glad I found you!

    ReplyDelete

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails