**For $5 off the registration fee, use code STORYTIME
(until December 18, 2008)
▪ Anyone may compete from anywhere in the world
▪ There are 2 rounds
▪ 1st Round (January 16-24, 2009) : Writers are placed randomly in heats. Each heat is assigned a genre and a subject (ex. comedy : competing lemonade stands or horror : a family reunion).
▪ Writers have 1 week to write an original short story (2,500 words max).
▪ Winners are chosen from the 1st Round to advance to the 2nd round and compete for thousands in cash and prizes.
▪ 2nd Round (March 13-14, 2009) : All of the writers receive the same genre and subject at midnight (EST time) and have just 24 hours to write an original short story.▪ A panel of judges review the final round stories and winners are chosen!
It's easy to register. First, download and read the Official Rules & Participation Agreement. When you have read and understood everything, you are ready to register by clicking here. The entry fee is US$35 until the Early Entry Deadline of December 18, 2008.
|Early Entry Deadline||December 18, 2008|
|Final Entry Deadline||January 14, 2009|
|1st Round||January 16-24, 2009|
|2nd Round||March 13-14, 2009|
Every registered writer has a great chance to receive feedback.
JUDGES COMMENTS / CRITIQUES: We will be providing judges comments and critiques for every entered screenplay in each round of the competition.
PEER REVIEW: During the judging, we will set up a special Review Forum for the participants to submit their stories for review from fellow writers. During the 2008 creative writing competitions, there were over 2,500 comments made on the 250+ stories submitted on the forum.