Friday, December 19, 2008

Reading for the Genders

Yay!  Let's divide the sexes some more!!

Moonrat gave the heads up about Jezebel's List of 75 Books Every Woman Should Read. (I've read a mere 9 of these books.)  This is a post
in response to Esquire's article, The 75 Books Every Man Should Read.  (I've read two of them - Moby Dick being one of my top 5 fav books of all time.)

I'm still not sure about the whole "list" thing - certainly I had a number of "OMG, WTF is that book on the list?" reactions to both posts.  What do you think?  What's your number?  How relevant are the lists?

BTW - huge enormous props to Jezebel for listing the damn books, instead of making us cull through each cover one by one, complete with adverts.

3 comments:

  1. I think I've read 16 from Jezebel's list, and have 9 or 10 on my shelves to read. I have no intention of reading half of them, ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was interesting. I've read 10 of the books on the women's list, but only 3 1/2 on the men's (I never finished Moby Dick). The men's list seemed to be very war and sex centered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting lists! I've read 11 on Jezebel's list, and many more are on my 'want to read' list. I'm very surprised 'The Awakening' or 'The Handmaid's Tale' weren't included. As for the men's list, it wouldn't load properfly for me. Something tells me I wouldn't have very many there, either.

    ReplyDelete

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails