Sunday, December 14, 2008

MP3 Meme

1.Put your iTunes, Windows Media Player, Winamp, etc. on shuffle.
2.For each question, press the next button to get your answer.
3.YOU MUST WRITE THAT SONG NAME DOWN NO MATTER HOW SILLY IT SOUNDS.
4.Put the artist after a dash following the song name.
5.Put any comments in brackets.
6.Tag some lucky people to spread the disease.


How would you describe yourself?
Bitch - by Meredeth Brooks
(Yeah! "I'm a bitch, I'm a lover, I'm a child, I'm a mother, I'm a sinner, I'm a saint, I do not feel ashamed....")

How do you feel today?
The Voice - Celtic Woman
(Hmm.  "I am the voice in the wind and the pouring rain/ I am the voice of your hunger and pain/ I am the voice that always is calling you/ I am the voice, I will remain")

What is your life’s purpose?
Scarborough Fair - Simon & Garfunkel
(Not a clue how this relates - "Remember me to one who lives there?  She once was a true love of mine." - though I'm not sure I've ever been anyone's true love.)

What is your motto?
Amazing - Seal
("Do you cry in your sleep and do you feel ok?/ When you run/ Thinking it’s Doomsday you got to let it go/ So you run, so you run/ Pretend you don’t see it, that we can live a lie/ When you run, so you run")

What do you think about very often?
How Do I Get There - Deana Carter
(YEP.  This is dead on. "How do I get there from here/ How do I make you see")

What is your life story?
Two Thousand Years - Billy Joel
(This is probably my favorite song ever, so I'm just gonna post all the lyrics -

In the beginning
There was the cold and the night
Prophets and angels gave us the fire and the light
Man was triumphant
Armed with the faith and the will
Even the darkest ages couldn't kill

Too many kingdoms
Too many flags on the field
So many battles, so many wounds to be healed
Time is relentless
Only true love perseveres
It's been a long time and now I'm with you
After two thousand years

This is our moment
Here at the crossroads of time
We hope our children carry our dreams down the line
They are the vintage
What kind of life will they live?
Is this a curse or a blessing that we give?

Sometimes I wonder
Why are we so blind to fate?
Without compassion, there can be no end to hate
No end to sorrow
Caused by the same endless fears
Why can't we learn from all we've been through
After two thousand years?

There will be miracles
After the last war is won
Science and poetry rule in the new world to come
Prophets and angels
Gave us the power to see
What an amazing future there will be

And in the evening
After the fire and the light
One thing is certain: Nothing can hold back the night
Time is relentless
And as the past disappears
We're on the verge of all things new
We are two thousand years")

What do you want to be when you grow up?
Suddenly I See - KT Tunstall
(Totally: "She's a beautiful girl/ She fills up every corner like she's born in black and white/ Makes you feel warmer when you're trying to remember/ What you heard/ She likes to leave you hanging on her word")

What will you dance to at your wedding?
Hospital Board - Colm Wilkinson
(For the record, I danced to "Carol of the Bells" at my wedding - our 11th anniversary is Dec 24th)

What will they play at your funeral?
The Lullaby of Broadway - Jerry Orbach

What is your hobby/interest?

You Gotta Be - Desiree
("you gotta be you gotta be bad/ you gotta be bold/ you gotta be wiser/ you gotta be hard/ you gotta be tough/ you gotta be stronger/ you gotta be cool/ you gotta be calm
you gotta stay together/ all I know/ all I know is/ love will save the day")

If you could do anything right now, what would it be?
The Ring Goes South - Howard Shore
(Huh.  Do I want a vacation in Mexico?)

What do you want most of all?
Barbie Girl - AQUA
(LOL - "I'm a barbie girl, in the barbie world/ Life in plastic, it's fantastic!/ you can brush my hair, undress me everywhere/ Imagination, life is your creation/ Come on Barbie, let's go party!")

What is your greatest fear?
Fernando - ABBA
(True, true: "We were young and full of life and none of us prepared to die/
And I'm not ashamed to say/ The roar of guns and cannons almost made me cry")

What is your darkest secret?
Tears Dry On Their Own - Amy Winehouse
("I wish I could sing no regrets and no emotional debts")

What is your favorite thing in the world?
Have a Little Faith in Me - Mandy Moore
(I'm thinking my kids: "I will hold you up, I will hold you up and/ Your love gives me strength enough to/ Have a little faith in me")

If you could have one wish, what would you wish for?
Silver Thunderbird - Marc Cohn
(Not so much.)

What is your theme song?
Inside Out - Eve 6
("Or am I origami/ folded up and just pretend/ demented as the motives in your head")

The next time you hear this song (aside from now, that is), you must dance:
Don't Let Me Get Me - Pink
(Hahahahaha.)

What will you post this as?
Whiter Shade of Pale - Annie Lennox

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails