Thursday, November 13, 2008

NaNo Update

Well, I've been writing somewhere around 700 words a night (I usually have about half an hour to write.)  If you add that up, you'll find that it doesn't *quite* make the 50,000 word goal for NaNoWriMo.  Ha.  Not quite.

If I had just jumped into NaNo without an idea of where I was headed, I might be less upset about losing NaNo.  The problem is, these characters are just starting to come alive, to go to sleep with me, to work out plot in my dreams, to leave me hints throughout the day.  I'm really excited about this story, and I think it could turn into something I'm proud of, too.

So, to keep myself going, even when I'm bleary-eyed from a full day of play-dough and tea parties, with my ears ringing from the constant refrain of "mama" in whining tones, I have adopted Cindy's mantra:

i am allowed to write utter poo.
i am allowed to write utter poo.


I keep plugging along.  Only 43000 words to go.  No problem.

8 comments:

  1. You crack me up! Good luck on your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go, Rosey, Go! 700/day is absolutely better than 0. Have fun with it! Explore! Enjoy! And f--- NaNo. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Precie, yay, you, Aerin!!!

    There's a lot more to writing than getting the words down on the page in a timely manner. I think nano's great for those it helps to light a fire under, but it's more important that you're working and creating, no matter what pace works best for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome progress!! i am making do with 1k a day. if more, i'm thrilled. =D i never looked to write 50k--just to write consistently again. and nano is helping with that. even if i never go to their site or update there. hahah! it's the spirit of it.

    so glad you are adopting my mantra. i, too, know the chaos of noise from our daily lives with bubs. BUT to have the characters coming alive? that's magical. go ! i'm cheering you on!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just keep going, let NaNo provide you with a route and you follow it in your own good time. Just have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not been writing anything.

    You must write twice as much for me. :0P

    But srsly, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nano's a great launching pad--but if those characters are coming alive, you be sure to take the time to listen to them!
    Good luck. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! That sounds great. You're getting a lot more words down than I am for sure. Not doing NaNo myself, but I do have a Dec 1 goal and I'm not showing signs of progressing. Have to change that.

    ReplyDelete

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails