Friday, October 17, 2008

Friday Bits

As you head into the weekend (some of you are already there):

TOMORROW IS THE DAY!

Dewey's 24-hr Read-a-Thon begins at 5AM Pacific. Over 100 people have signed up to read, blog, and participate in challenges from Saturday through Sunday. There are prizes, cheerleaders, and three awesome co-hosts (Nymeth, Hannah and Trish). You can sign up as late as 4:59AM Pacific! Here are FAQ.

I'm maintaining lists and feeds. You can find them over at Gargantuan Books. Please, please email me with any questions - I'm pretty good about checking into things quickly (right, alisonwonderland?) Also, in honor of the Read-a-Thon, I've offered to design and install (or give instructions on installing) favicons for anyone who wants one. Email me at Aerinblogs AT aol DOT com.


Fun with Fantasy Figures
(no, not the blow-up kind; a quiz pointed out by Sarah at Short Stuff):


Aragorn
Putting your appointed path ahead of any inner conflicts, you make your own rules for the benefit of all.

If my life or death I can protect you, I will.

Aragorn is a character in the Middle-Earth universe. There is a description of him at TheOneRing.net.



I love Aragorn, and think Viggo Mortensen is a nice-looking airhead. So, yeah, that's pretty right on for me. Take the quiz yourself.


Prepping for NaNoWriMo
Lynn Viehl over at Paperback Writer lists some sites to help with synopses. She strongly recommends doing a synopsis before starting to write. I had really hoped to do NaNoWriMo this year, but, as ever, two of the four busiest months for church staff are November and December. With the coming of Advent, and this being my first year at this church, I'm way too swamped to try to write 500 words, let alone 50,000.

9 comments:

  1. I'm Galadriel - along with about 250,000 others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for organizing the read-a-thon! You're great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to say thanks for helping out with the readathon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for all your hard work for the read-a-thon...You're great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the work you're doing for the Readathon. It's been lots of fun so far!

    -sprite
    spritewrites.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all your hard work on the 'thon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job with the read-a-thon!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks so much for dropping by earlier Aerin and hope you got in a few pages of Les Mis!

    By the way, you ROCK for keeping the feed over at Gargantuan Books, and I love your site too - can't wait to come back and have a proper look around later :)

    All the best

    Sarah (aka the naked translator in brisbane!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha, Janey and I are both Galadriel, fancy that! ;-)

    Why is that I always manage to forget the readathon! Drat!

    ReplyDelete

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails