Okay, I've been tagged by Jen Robinson. In case you're not familiar with Jen Robinson's Book Page, it's a fantastic site devoted to children's literature. Seriously. It's like I've been tagged by a celebrity.
(And, I'm in a really pissy mood today, so this is just what I need.)
All right, here we go.
1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read the player’s blog.
4. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.
A Meme about Various Things
What were you doing ten years ago?
Um. Summer of 1998? I was taking the summer off from grad school to have a nervous breakdown. No, really.
What are five things on your to-do list for today (not in any particular order):
1. Take the bear (older kidling, who is autistic) to school
2. Clean kitchen
3. Bake banana bread
5. Check on vacationing sister's cat.
What are some snacks you enjoy?
- Fresh Fruit - mango, raspberries, blueberries, peaches, apples
- french fries (even better: sweet potato fries)
- dark chocolate bars.
What would you do if you were a billionaire?
I would go buy one of everything at the Lucky Brand store and at Athleta. Then, I'd hire my son's treatment coordinator as his full-time caregiver. I'd pay off our mortgage. Then I'd consult a financial advisor as to how to invest to keep the profits rolling in. I'd put my 2-yr-old daughter in a skydiving school. (Not really. I don't think.) I would set up a charitable foundation to support UMCOR. I'd open a publishing house, where I got to decide what we published, and I'd hire Precie and Jane as my associates. I'd take my family to spend a year (or more) in Australia. I'd remodel my entire first floor. I'd hire a private hairdresser. I'd permanently book a hotel room at Disney's Grand Californian hotel. I'd.....um.
Okay, I'm not sure I really answered this question. I'm having too much fun with it.
What are three of your bad habits?
2. Not doing aerobic exercise of any kind
What are five places where you have lived?
These are in order, but not inclusive:
1. Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
2. Smyrna, Tennessee
3. Louisville, Kentucky
4. Durham, North Carolina
5. Costa Mesa, California
What are five jobs you have had?
In no particular order, not inclusive:
1. sales associate, Hallmark
2. Box Office Manager, Raleigh Little Theatre
3. Administrative Assistant, Center for Death Penalty Litigation (law firm that works against the death penalty)
4. desk staff, Duke Div Library
5. Director of Youth & Family Ministries, Laguna Beach UMC
I'm adding a new question.
What were the last five books you read?
1. House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer
2. The Ruby in the Smoke by Philip Pullman
3. A History of Lucy's Love Life in Ten and a Half Chapters by Deborah Wright
4. The Realms of the God by Tamora Pierce
5. Emperor Mage by Tamora Pierce
What five people do you want to tag?
Well I want to tag Christian Bale, Stuart Neville, and Kelley Eskeridge , but I will end up tagging Precie, Jane, Merry, Ello and Blogless Troll.
(As a special treat, if you head over to Blogless's site, he's got a heart-warming love story up in response to Precie's contest.)