Sunday, April 27, 2008

Meme 123

I stole the tag from Mother Reader's meme - plus I pretty much just copied the wording from her post. It's a good kick in the pants to get the blog re-started. Hope to have a complete PBSS story up for you tomorrow!

1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences, uhm, sentences six, seven and eight.
5. Tag five people and post a comment to the blogger who tagged you.

(Now, Janie from Sketchy Words, being an author and an illustrator of picture books also gave us the PB version, which is to go to page 23 and just put down the text.)

So the book I have at my desk is The Hauerwas Reader, a collection of the essays of Stanley Hauerwas, the ethics professor I had in Divinity School. I've been using it as a reference for one of my other blogs, No Coward Soul. I grinned in delight when I saw that page 123 falls in my favorite work, The Peaceable Kingdom.


The king, the prophet and the priest were judged by how well they dedicated their lives to being suitable models for the people to imitate. As a result there was a clear tendency in Israel for the three functions to coalesce in one figure - for example, Moses or the servant in the "Servant" songs of Isaiah. For, like the prophet, the servant is predestined (Isaiah 49:1) and called by God for a special task.



I tag any five bloggers who would like me to come and visit them at their blogs. Anyone? Tell me in the comments if you're playing.

7 comments:

  1. Heh, heh. You need to come and visit me to read Robin's story, so I'll play. I know you'll look forward to three sentences from Science and Technical Writing: A manual of style

    Hope all is well with you now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alrighty! I'll give it a shot tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are finding something fun to do today. :) Here is mine. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted to say thanks for the shout-out on your sidebar!! Which is very cool, btw!
    I have sidebar envy....
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 123 pages of what I'm reading right now falls smack into the 5th paper for my class - which is crap! So I shall save thee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! I played this one a while back - you can find it here!

    ReplyDelete

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails