Thank you for joining us for our April Fools' Contest. It's a simple contest: Finish a story.
Not just any story, that would be too easy. The starter (see the orange box, to the right) has been provided by Precie S of Writer at Work, who's placed twice in the Clarity of Night** Short Fiction contests, has a PhD in Literature, and is addicted to Scrabulous and to chocolate.
The purpose of the contest is for entrants to have fun writing. No, really. It's musical chairs via Blogger, a roller coaster at the county fair, a virtual ice cream cone. Just a little spark of fun into the beginning of a blustery spring.
Write what you want - be it funny, serious, short, long (ish). Remember the Choose Your Own Adventure books? (My mom only let me read one; she said they were as bad as comic books.) Well, now's your chance to choose your own ending.
Think of this as a cocktail party, with door prizes. Thanks for coming!
DEADLINE: 9PM PST on Sunday, March 30 2008.
Readers Choice Voting held ONE DAY ONLY - Monday March 31 2008
Winners Announced Tuesday, April 1.
1. Each entry must provide a full ending (rather than a continuation only) of Precie's story.
2. Entries should be between 200-750 words. Titles optional.
3. Each participant can submit up to three (3) separate entries.
4. Email entries to AERINBLOGS at AOL dot COM. Include your name and your URL (optional).
5. Readers' Choice voting to occur March 31. Voting will be by email. Voting is open only to those who commented on the contest or on stories before midnight, March 30 2008.
5. Anyone can enter. I claim publishing rights on each entry through Friday, April 4, 2008. All entries copyright their respective authors. Etc etc etc.
Prizes shall be awarded on a 100% subjective basis.
One $20 SuperCertificate to the author of Precie's favorite ending.
One $20 SuperCertificate to the author of Readers' Choice favorite ending.
One $10 SuperCertificate by random lottery.
As many HONORABLE MENTIONS as Precie wants to give.
Please email me with any questions.
** - Many thanks to Jason E. at Clarity of Night, from whom I blatantly swiped the contest structure.