I've been tagged! Precie has tagged me with "Six-Word Memoir" meme.
According to Precie, legend has it that Earnest Hemingway once entered a bet to write a short story in six words. By now, it must hold the world record for Story Most Often Quoted in Its Entirety.
Hemingway's story: "For sale: baby shoes, never worn."
A six-word memoir, though. Hmm. The story of my life.
The meme rules:
1. Write your own six word memoir.
2. Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you’d like.
3. Link to the person who tagged you in your post.
4. Tag five more blogs with links.
5. And don’t forget to leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play!
Aerin's six-word memoir:
girl by birth; woman by choice
Aerin tags the following friends with the six-word memoir meme:
(to be announced. I haven't yet had time to sit down and name people and then tag them)
And, stealing from Precie, just for added six-word fun:
In case you're interested, this Wired article (November 2006) lists six-word stories (not autobiographies, mind you, but fantastic micro stories worth reading) from the likes of Margaret Atwood, Gregory Maguire, William Shatner and many more.